06 January 2014

CASIO CTK 6300IN Keyboard


Features I don't like or need improvements on CASIO CTK 6300IN Keyboard:

1) There is only one volume control knob for tones and rhythms. Disadvantage with this is rhythm sounds louder than tones from your key press and you can't adjust them separately. It would be good if there were separate volume control knobs for  tones & rhythms and a master volume control knob.

2) There is no number pad. Tones and rhythms are grouped and if you want to select E45 tone you have to press 'E' key and then rotate jog dial or press +/- button 45 times ! If there was a number pad like in previous models, it would be easy to select a tone/rhythms just by pressing E, 4 and 5 keys.

3) The cloth cover on speaker gives cheaper look for the keyboard.

4) They should have included a Tanpura/Shruthi Box feature like Metronome, which could be used for singing. I would expect at least two tones in this... Harmonium & Tanpura. It should also play for different pitches with fine/coarse tune settings.

I hope Casio takes care of these in their next model.

6 comments:

  1. Sound quality is good.
    Casio has launched CTK 7300IN & Yamaha has similar Keyboards like PSR I425 & PSR I455 which are expensive than Casio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do u suggest Casio or Yamaha in general? How do you compare CTK 7300IN vs PSR I455 ?

      Delete
    2. I can't suggest because, I haven't used CTK 7300IN or PSR I455. In general Yamaha is expensive compared to Casio.

      Delete
  2. Yamaha scores over Casio in respect of sound quality, performance and features despite its expensiveness in cost. Even most of the music teachers recommend Yamaha for that reason. Hence my choice goes to Yamaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yamaha scores over Casio in many respects in spite of its expensiveness in cost. Sound quality is better than casio and new features are added according to cost. Hence my preference is Yamaha to Casio, since I have once both these instruments in cheap variety; in both cases I found Yamaha preferable; even music teachers recommend Yamaha instead of Casio.

    ReplyDelete